Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Draper Temple




Last week we had the sweet opportunity to attend the Draper Temple open house.  We left babes behind so we didn't have to chase anyone...that was a VERY good choice. :)  It is absolutely breath taking.  The kids were really good and had a good time.  When we were nearing the end of the tour we sat in one of the most beautiful sealing rooms (where a couple is married for eternity- not just until they die).  Madeline turned to me, put her hand to her little heart, and said "I feel the spirit Mom, do you?"  It was such a sweet moment.  I just adore her...

10 comments:

MoM K said...

Aawww, that's such a sweet thing for maddie to say. I'm so glad you took the three oldest. I"m sure it was a good thing for Tanner too even though he is so young. Very special!

KJenx said...

I'm jealous! I want to see the new temple but I'll just have to wait for ours to be built. Groundbreaking in a few months hopefully! :>

Christine said...

Aw! Maddie's such a special girl.
My friend has 8 tickets to the Draper open house that she's not using, if you know anyone who needs some.

Ella A. said...

What a sweet moment to share with your sweet girl! I hope to take my kids through an open house sometime. I remember doing it when I was young, and it really stuck with me.

AudyCamp said...

PRECIOUS!

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

that is so neat that you were able to do that.. I'm sure it is something she will never forget and you as well with that precious comment.

Jackie said...

I am finally taking the kids on Friday to see it. So excited for them to see the inside of a temple and feel the spirit there. And then in a few short months get to do it again at the Oquirrh Temple. Wow- we really are spoiled here.

chelle said...

That was so sweet. I love the little Madeline. M

Bryce & Cherise said...

I love her! :) What a great opportunity for her to have at such a young age!!!

Allyson said...

I loved it too! Even our boys behaved really well and told us how happy they were that they got to go! Thomas loved the "bison pool". We explained what it really was. They were all pretty awed by the mirror that went on forever in the celestial room too! What a blessing huh?!!!