Monday, December 1, 2008

Many Thanks...

This weekend was so wonderful. We went to Cedar City to celebrate Thanksgiving with 3 of my sisters. It was really fun to be with family. Here a few of the rug rats who ran around all day. :) Thanks Christine!


 On Friday Jaspers mom flew in and we got to spend time with her, then my family came and added to the wonderous chaos!  It was so great to have everyone here.  Madeline was baptized on Sat. It was amazing.  Really really amazing.  The spirit was so strong.  My sis Kimberly and Dad both gave really good talks, and Maddie sang with 3 of her friends.  Nothing brings the spirit like children singing.  couldn't help but think just how fast the time is going.  Already she's not a little girl, she's turning into this amazing young lady.  I just want to stop time.  Keep everyone like they are, safe, healthy, unblemished from the world and it's cruelty.  If only....

My mama, and Tae Tae.

Madsie and Grandparents...
The whole crew of family- they ALL traveled between 2-9 hours to come.  THANK YOU!


After such an emotionally uplifing weekend, my friend Allyson gave a talk in church yesterday and ended with this poem...I couldn't hold back the tears.  It tells just how I feel.


By Minni Case Hopkins:


"Have you seen, anywhere, a tall little lad

And a wee winsome lass of four?

'twas only today, barefooted and brown,

That they played by my kitchen door.

'twas only today - or maybe a year?

It couldn't be twenty, I know,

They were calling for me to help in their game

But I was too busy to go

Too busy with sweeping and dusting to play

And now they have silently wandered away

If per chance you hear of this slim little lad

And this wee winsome lass of four,

I pray you tell me

To find them again I would journey this wide world o'er.

Somewhere, I'm sure, they'll be playing a game,

And should they be calling for me

To come out and help them,

Oh, tell them, I beg, I'm coming as fast as can be!

For there's never a house might hold me today

Could I hear them call me to join in their play."


Let us not waste a moment with our small ones...they grow far too fast.


Picture challenge...take at least one photo of you with one or all of your twelve children this week and post it. It makes me feel like a good mom to see myself loving one of my kiddies in a pic. Do it!  (if you want help editing it...email it to me and I'd be happy to for you! )

21 comments:

Jana said...

I've been thinking about how fast time goes by too...how is it possible that Emma is turning six this week? SIX! Today I told Jeff I'm too young to have a six-year-old.
Love the pics of you and Tae, and CONGRATS to Maddie! Yay for being baptized! Can't believe it....remember when I came to your house when she was born? Sheesh.

Christine said...

Aw golly. That poem is too much! Congratulations sweet Maddie!

Annette Larsen said...

It seems like Sophie went very suddenly from being a baby to being a little girl. And while she is cute as can be, I can't help missing baby sophie a bit.

Jacqui said...

Bawling over that poem. That really hits home.

diane lott said...

you've just inspired me to get the heck off this computer and take Spencer fishing! good to see these kind of photos of you and your fam. you have such beautiful one!

Jackie said...

Love the pics. Thanks so much for inviting us to Maddie's baptism. Claire and I enjoyed it. She looked beautiful. I'm hoping if I take Claire to enough baptisms she'll change her mind about being baptized. She totally does not want to! Can't figure it out...

Meredith said...

Congratulations to Maddie! I can't believe how big all of all of our kids are getting! We wish we could have been there!

I'm totally going to take your challenge....I don't have nearly enough pictures of me with my kiddos.

Ella A. said...

First of all, I love love love the first photo of all the kids. It is timeless. It looks like it could have been taken a few generations ago and I love it. Second of all, I hear you on the growing too fast thing. i am amazed at how fast it goes by, even faster than I could have imagined. i WILL be posting pics of me with my children. I love doing that, and don't do it as often as I would like. phew. that was long.

Emily said...

What a perfect post! I love, love, love (and am learning to cherish) those perfect days when the space between heaven and earth seems almost imperceptible. And you are right - of course - about losing our babies too fast!

Aislinn said...

oh man. What a great post. And what a special experience for your family. Thanks for sharing the poem. I'm up for your challenge...and I just may take you up on your offer. :)

Michelle Arnett said...

There couldn't have been a better reminder today. Thank you Jen.Loves

Rachel Clare said...

I love these last two shots Jen.

Sweet post about Maddie!

Allyson said...

Your pictures are wonderful and I LOVED Maddie's baptism. The spirit was, indeed, very strong. It was beautiful! I'll try to get a picture of me being loving with my kids and post it. I'm loving a lot, but when I am, I never think about the camera...I'll try to remember.

chelle said...

Where do I start? Everything in this post was so wonderful. I love all your photos.

And the baptism was just the best. I can't believe she is 8!!! Crazy isn't it? (Not Crazy 8s)

I will try this challenge. Thanks, m

Laura said...

We loved being there too. Thanks so much for asking Heather to sing with the girls. They all did such a wondeful job. You're right, they do grow up too fast! I can't believe Heather's baptism will be soon too...

Natalie said...

oh my gosh, is she already 8, i think i rember babysiting her..... if you dont rember me im natalie heidis daughter. but i rember her cute room! lol where have the times gone??? lol.... hope im not scaring you with my warm hello i rember like it was yeaterday.....

Lindsay said...

I took a pic with Jameson a few posts ago...does that count? Maddie is a beauty.

Jamelle Kelly said...

I remember Maddie in campus heights.... so long ago!! She's beautiful.

Barbara said...

You are so beautiful! I like that challenge. I am totally going to do that. Hey what do you use to edit your photos?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish we could have come to her baptism, it sounds like it was great! How amazing you and your family are!!!!

Tanya said...

Beautiful poem!! Love the pics of you with your little one.. they are some of the most special times! Your family is just beautiful, how are you feeling? xx