So I am officially now 32 years old. This is the number I used to think of as "old". I thought I'd be so mature, and grand. But really I'm still just me. :) This is me talking to my mama this morning- well yesterday morning- it's the a.m. now. Toniht I remembered my Bday 10 years ago. I was living with my bosom buddy Mel . I had just turned down Jasper for good. No more "I want to marry you talk". We hadn't been speaking to eachother for a good week or so, the doorbell rang. There was a guy with a vase full of pink & yellow roses. For me. I looked at the card. This was ALL is said: "One rose for each of your moods". I laughed so hard. It was of course from Jasper. Poor poor Jasper. So discouraged at my mood swings. Little did he know he would actually have to deal with them the rest of his life. :)
I would just like to point out my smokers lip in this pic. And yet, I have never smoked. What's up with that?
I would just like to point out my smokers lip in this pic. And yet, I have never smoked. What's up with that?

Thanks so much to all of my amazing friends and family for making it such a fab-o day-o. I even had one of my fave clients drive to my house and give me cookies and a card. HELLO niceness. Aislinn, that was so sweet of you. I love it when clients become friends! I heart you. You're cookies too. And Em, Dinner was SO good! And Mama Mia...so fun ladies of the night. And so inappropriate you are. :)

Now this is me telling my mama that I am giving her another grandbaby in March. It's my bday present to her. She enjoyed it.
Remember how CONFUSED I was about having another child? Let me just say to you that Heavenly Father does not leave it completely up to you if you ASK. I had such an amazing experience. I KNEW that it was time. I was told, in exact words. What was so amazing is that when I received an answer to this question that I had been asking myself, my husband, and Heavenly Father it kind of came out of no where. In moment of silence. It was amazing. It was something I will never ever forget. And I will be eternally grateful for the power of prayer.
It's amazing to me how done I felt. Complete really, until about 8-9 months ago when I started to almost panic about this certain sense of urgency I was feeling to "make a decision" , and yet we had already made it. It went on and on and yet I was softening and Jazzy baby was not. And I for one did not want another babes if husband of mine didn't. But how could we feel SO different? Well, really I just still felt confused by it all. Time went on and I began to resign to the fact that we were just done. Then the feelings started all over again. And finally I began to pray more and more about it. Wanting us to be on the same page either way. The answer came when I wasn't expecting it, months after I had begun to ask. I believe God was somehow softening and preparing both of us for the answer. 5 kids (to me) is a lot of kids. A lot of whining, a lot of disasters, but a whole life, and eternity of love.
What a gift that adult session way back when was. I loved how they talked about having children. What a BLESSING they are. What a GIIFT they are. Now I'd like to send out some major good hormone vibes to those women whom have had a hard time getting pregnant. What an enormous trial to bare. Loves to you all!!!! From the very bottom of my heart.
Anyhow...that's that. Got a babes in the belly.
p.s. tell me happy bday and that I will not gain more than 50 LBS this time. Oh, and you can tell me I look pretty too. :)






63 comments:
Well, Happy Birthday! And you look pretty, and congrats on the babe. I had a similar experience when I was 22. We broke up for good (which was awful) and it only lasted for 3 months and then I had to keep him. I also have problems in the baby area. I have always wanted 4 and Josh ONLY wants 2. So, logically 3 would be fine, but it is a constant discussion. I have finally told him I will wait and see if 2 feels right before thinking of a 3rd. But coming from a family of 6 kids, 2 just doesn't feel like enough. It makes me think where are the rest? Which I constantly did as a kid until my youngest brother was born, a surprise no less.
Well, Happy Birthday, Congratulations and a great big hug from the Hawkins family out here in Kansas! Holy cow girl! Oh, and you look pretty too! ;) Oh, and I'm sure you'll gain as much weight as the baby needs. If baby wants Oreos, baby gets Oreos!
Happy Birthday again!
You will only gain 28 pounds.
And you are gorgeous! :)
I'm so happy for you guys! It's great when you receive such a clear answer from Heavenly Father, isn't it??
CONGRATS!! You're such a great Mom this baby is going to be SO lucky to be part of your wonderful family!
And you have, ALWAYS will look gorgeous, you can't help it!!
Can't wait to meet your new little one & welcome him/her to the family.
Hugs, Kisses & Happy Birthday!
What great news! And so fun to share it on your birthday. I'm so happy for you, and you do look pretty! :)
Happy Birthday, and you always look great! I am so excited for you guys and the new Babe. We will have are little ones very close together. It is amazing how one moment you are not ready, and then Bam you have Baby on your Brains 24-7. Well I hope you are feeling good and have not been feeling crappy like me. I am so sick of being Nausious! I guess thats the price we pay of getting these little one to us, Right???
Happy Birday! It does not matter how much you gain, it is how much you loose at the end of the pg adventure that really matters. You always look fab!!!
Congratulations to you. I am happy that you can choose how big your family is. That is a great blessing. I hear my kids waking up, I guess I better go fry up some eggs. How are you feeling? Do the sound of frying eggs make you sick?
Oh and yes ... your mom is the best. She tells it like it is. I miss her tonz. m
Yay Jen!! I'm so happy for you guys. And a big fat HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! For what it's worth, you look 24. And, I want your haircut. And, you're SO beautiful. And TINY! And, thank you for your nice comment on my blog- you're so good for my self-esteem.
I. LOVE. YOU.
:)
Have a HAPPY day!!
ps. I need to call you sometime- it's been AGES.
Congrats!!!! And you are welcome. I'm laughing about the "smokers lips."
Glad you had a good day...you deserve it! Congrats again, that is so EXCITING!
You DO look hot- smokers lips is a good look for you!
Congrats on the BABIE!! I'm still waiting for you to call me back. . . but I love you even if you don't!
Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you, and I can't wait to see pictures of this cute baby although I have to wait until March. Anyway, happy birthday (yesterday) and I hope this pregnancy goes well for you.
Yay!! Oh the joy of prenancy weight! But I have a hard time believing that you COULD gain more than 50 lbs. Happy Birthday and congrats on your big news!
P.S. I about died laughing when I read what Jasper wrote on the card for the flowers. That is hilarious.
Happeeeeee Birthday Nennifer! I can't even belief how pretty you are, even with your smoker lips. You will only gain 49 pounds, no worries:)
Seriously though, the roses for the moods - love it! He's so completely perfect for you. Hysterical. Love you tons, love your buns, call ya later. I swear I remembered yesterday, but it was a little late when I did.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN! I am so happy that you are pregnant! Did this happen when you and Jasper snuck away and disappeared til the wee hours of the morning at trek?? :-)
YOU ARE ONE HOT MAMA!! I am glad you are having another and that you received the answer, I too remember going through the same thing with my hubby not ready. we went to the temple and I prayed and prayed ..got my answer but he didn't.I think I was just listening better!! ha ha Finally he did get the same answer and walla #5 I am very happy for your family and I LOVE your smokers lip and that u were brave enough to post it. That's what I love about you..no vainess there. ;)
I clearly remember Dad telling us at family night when he was 32 that 32 was the age we will all be in heaven, because it is the perfect age. So there you go.
I'm so excited that you're preg and that we'll both have 5! We are matchy sisters.
The card on the roses story is SO FUNNY! So very "I can't stand you but I LOVE YOU!" Heehee.
You are pretty and skinny.:) And you crack me up. And congratulations again! It's so cool to hear about spiritual experiences like that.
aw Jen Congratulations!..that last paragraph was for me:) I'm so happy for you. So my whole take is that if someone is asking as hard as you were then they are definitely meant to have another baby. I was just waiting for the announcement since I knew you'd have another one.:) YAY!
YAY!!! So many things to celebrate. Look at how tiny you are...it doesn't matter how much you gain because it will drop off and you'll be skinny as ever and making people jealous again in no time. Love you dearly.
Happy Birthday! Congrats! I am so excited for you:) I really loved reading the last paragraph especially. It is so hard to feel that urgency and know what your family needs and hubby isn't quite on the same page! I understand...
You will do great with 5! Or six... :)?
Happy Birthday! I wonder...At what age do you think we'll feel responsible and "mature"??? Or, are we still going to be the same dorky goofballs that demonstrate "squatting" in a restaurant when we're 65??? I certainly hope so!
You are pretty and skinny and one Smokin' Hot Mama! I'm so excited to meet your new little babe! Congrats! And a HUGE congrats to not being "that" sick...yet!
I love you to pieces! And I will ALWAYS love, love, love that story of Jasper. I especially love it because it has such a sweet ending. He is so perfect for you. LOVE YOU!
Happy Birthday Jen!!! Congrats on #5, you know I get to have lots of snuggle time with that babe :)
Congratulations!!!!! And Happy Birthday!!!!!!! Well, i gained 60 and kept 10. But if 10 pounds is my present for 3 boys then i guess i can be okay with that . . . or not . . . depends on the day. lol I always knew you'd have another i was just waiting to hear when. And Jenn, you have always been adorable, i don't know what you're worring about!
Jenni Foo Foo...
Happy birthday!!! I'm on the same page as you...why does 32 sounds so much older than 31...sounds so much older.I'll be finding all that out soon. You look amazing, lady!! and i am so excited for you with the new babe in your tummy... you're an amazing mom! Keep me updated on everything. love ya, birthday girl!
Happy Birthday!! Yay, Jen - I'm so happy for you!!
I'm waiting for you to answer Jackie's question about trek. . .
FYI, five kids is a ton! heh-heh. Our number five is now 4 weeks old. Five kids FILL a minivan. They MORE than fill it! Booster seats until they're 8 - how can you fit FIVE carseats/booster seats in a minivan?? Seriously - five is wonderful. To me, it feels like we're getting enough love for everyone to get and give and understand what a family is all about. I'm very excited for your family!! You and Jasper make the CUTEST kids and you have such a happy houseful. It's good for kids to come to a wonderful family like yours!!! Good luck with the 50 pounds thing (have you REALLY gained that much before?? You didn't look like you were carrying extra weight last time I saw you pregnant!)
OK, Jackie...on TREK!? Are you completely INSANE!! Do you not remember how bad I smelled. Gross. I already knew I was prego then. :)
Last time I gained almost 50 LBS. Back fat, thighs, major hippage. Hot.
You are gorgeous dawling! Happy birthday to you too. Thanks for sharing your experience, that's awesome. I am having back and forth feelings myself about having another one, so it's great to hear that Heavenly Father is concerned about this topic. I just love you - I honestly think you are one of most amazing and endearing persons. You have touched so many peoples lives and I'm so glad to have gotten to know you.
Yay! Another perfectly gorgeous baby gets to enter this world into a perfectly loving family with an awesome mom! I too am already looking forward to all the gorgeous pictures you will take of it.
It could be worse - you could have just turned 33 like me! Yikes! Now that sounds old doesn't it?
I am sooo, sooo happy that you were able to experience such an awesome answer to your prayers. I remember your previous postings about how do you know when you're done, etc. I too had felt really fine with being done after having my third. But doubt did start to creep in but I my husband was adamant we were done. So i just consigned myself to the fact we were done. I never got the awesome "answer" that you did, but Heavenly Father took advantage of the fact that my husband didn't hurry right in for a vasectomy or that I didn't rush back to the doctor when my postpregnancy birth control ran out. And walah! #4 was on its way. I remember being so scared to tell my own husband when I found out I was pregnant. I thought he was going to be mad cause we were supposed to be done. So i didn't tell him for over a month! I don't recommend that by the way. Anyways, some commercial came on or something & he said some comment to me & I just started bawling & he looked all confused at me and asked if i was pregnant & i said yes through my sobs & he could not have been more excited!? Go figure! Sometimes we think we know what is best for our "family" or ourselves & we think we don't need to bother the Lord with questions or advice. How silly is that? He does care about us & wants to tell us things - but usually we must ask Him first!
Happy birthday Jen! Congrats on the pregnancy. I have no weight advice except to remind you that babies in bellies only need 300 calories a day. But then I have no perspective because I was so sick I couldn't eat at all. and of course, you are gorgeous!
When I was in college 24 was "older than dirt"!
When your blogging dropped off so suddenly I started to wonder if it was for the same reason that my knitting and blogging had started hibernating. . . turns out I was right! Congratulations!
Lisa
What a fun day to celebrate! Congrats on the baby! That is SO exciting! By the way I think 32 is the new 21. Atleast that is what I am telling myself:)
Happy Birthday!!
Oh, Jen, I just love you! Happy birthday yesterday and a big fat CONGRATULATIONS for number 5!!! Yay!!!! I am so happy for you. I am so honored that you will name her Melanie if it's a girl. That means so much, roomie! So funny about the flowers- Jasper is the best. I only remember you as having one personality back then: party-planning-MANIAC! love you.
Congrats!~ So in 6 months when you are sitting there waiting for a baby to come out I will feel for you because this baby number 4 of mine is being stubborn and holding on to my uterus with all it's got!! I wish you the best and hope you are feeling great! :)
Happy Birthday, Jen! I meant to tell you at Church yesterday. Sorry!!!! Sounds like it was wonderful. Congrats on #5. You are an amazing mom, so 5 will be a breeze for you I'm sure. :)
Girl Friend you are hot momma, I have always thought so, like I said, love at first sight. Happy birthdayyyy! I called you to see if I could bring over a cake, but no answer. . . did you say babe(s)! Your having twins! Haha, not funny. Lots o love
Well, if you were prego on trek then more kudos to you! You accomplished that being pregnant! You truly had the pioneer experience. :-) And c'mon- I don't think you were that stinky. I don't think Jasper would have noticed since his allergies kept his nose stuffed up most of the time. LOL
Happy Birthday, You look beautiful, you will only gain 49 pounds and I couldn't be happier for you. I don't think I will truly understand what it would be like to go through that "am I done or NOT" stage... I hope I just know... but what a decision to make... Congrats Jen and Fam!
Hey what's with wishing me 49 lbs! That's still sooo much people! How about we go with the magic number...oh say...24. :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I always forget that we were born in the same month, I don't know why though we are so much alike, mood swings and all, which Brody is about fed up with now! I'm thinking three may be the magic number. haha! I'm so excited for your new adventure. What is your due date? Maybe we can meet up and have them together! Wouldn't that be fun. Glad that your prayers were answered so clearly. amazing isn't it.
Oh, congratulations Jen! I thought you'd have another one! I gained 70 pounds with my first and i'm still fat... now with 3 kids. I'm sure you'll loose it all, not matter what. i like what mechelle said.. it doesn't matter how much you gain, only how much you loose!
oh yeah, i have smoker lips too. that's just not fair.
Happy birthday!
Yeah!! I knew you would have another one.... Congrats! Happy Birthday!
Your adorable!
Looky how loved you are!
Happy 32. It has got to be the new 21, as Janae says. When did we get old? You don't look a day over 25. I can't even imagine you gaining 50 lbs. It'll be 25 fur-shur.
CONGRATS on your BABY! What a great way to know it's right, and be blessed with a pregnancy. That's how it was with my #4--I just KNEW. I hope I can be that intuitive if there is more in store for me. You are a great little mama, so that baby coming to you is surely a lucky one.
Hi Jen, Happy Birthday gorgeous girl!!! & a huge congratulations!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!! there are so many people I know having babies! Babies are a huge blessing!! You look amazing, you will only gain 22 lbs & HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I wish you all the happiness in the world!!
lots of love,
tanya xxxxx
You are such a doll, Heidi told me you were having your 5th and you look great. I'm so happy for your guys. We are due in November and boy does it go fast. I of course am gaining the weight quickly and hopefully you will do better than I. Happy Birthday GIRL!!!
Remember when we didn't have birthdays so nobody knew how old they were, so they just counted each others' wrinkles and just called that their age?
HAPPY Birthday!! and Congrats on another baby. You are such a great mom. You are such a great example. Sara is pregnant again too. I am excited for another one in the family.
OH and I forgot to tell you that your BEAUTIFUL, FUNNY AND SMART. And I'm pretty sure you'll gain nothing more than you need too. And plus your so itty anyway and you loose it so fast afterward. Well, that is what it seemed like to me... but that was back when we were young! :)
Congrats and happy birthday! Let me just say this on prego weight gain...it's more fun to just gain it than to deny yourself oreos. Of course now I'm in the post-prego "man I should NOT have eaten that oreo" stage. But, babies are worth it and I'm sure you'll only gain the recommended 25-35 lbs.
You make 32 look great!
Happy Birthday BFF!
You don't look a day older than 18!
That's a compliment!
Bad news...I didn't get the CD
Call me
Guess this means I should be getting prego soon right? Wrong!
Congrats Jen! I love you and miss you!!!
Dearest Jen, what a lovely birthday gift to YOU to have so many wonderful friends come and give you good wishes!~ You are a blessed woman! YES I am SO happy that you are having another little baby~kins! It is truly wonderful and I'm Glad you had such a fab birthday! See you Thursday!!
Happy Birthday, You aren't even going to be able to NOTICE any weight change (..except for the lump that will be protruding from your cute little tummy, that is!), and you look pretty!!
..But then again, you ALWAYS do! What a gorgeous cousin I have!
Congratulations on the one on the way!
You are amazing! And your children are all the cutest I have EVER seen, so I know the next one will be fabulous! :D
I love you!
(PS Your Auntie Sheri says congatulations, too! Well.. after the initial "Oh, no! I thought she didn't WANT any more!!")
Hehe
Love your gutts!
hey fatty. ha just kidding you're BeauTIFUL!!!! :) Thanks for calling and reminding me to tell you happy birthday and for telling me yesterday to read your blog and comment. i know, i'm totally lame. geeze. one day i'll figure out how to run my life AND read your blog. :) hehehe. love you jennifer, it was so nice coming down and seeing you guys. tell maddie hi for me and i love her and i'm sad i missed her.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your AMAZING no calorie, no sugar, completely healthy chocolate truffle cake from bryce and i. I PROMISE its all those things ..... ( at least for your 32nd prego birthday it is!!!)
Congrats Jen! Every time I read your blog lately, I would scan it for baby news. My experience tells me that when a woman starts feeling confused about having another baby, she's probably gonna! I swear, I could have 20, if they would stay about 7 months old. There is nothing NOTHING! sweeter on this earth than a baby. And you're a great mom! What a blessed little life, to be coming to such a loving family.
Oh! And you look gorgeous, but then, you always do.
Joyous Celebrations to you and you look smashing...
How witty is Jasper! Love that he did that- f u n n y!!!!
Happy b-day & congrats!!! What a beautiful experience...why is it that the men always 'know' they're done but the women always seem to feel differently?
You'll only gain 20 lbs. ;)
Happy Late Birthday Day Jen!!! I'm soo excited for you with the baby news!! I'm in the exact same boat.. I loved reading your post... because it related so much to how I've been feeling wondering if we should have another baby... I'm still waiting for my answer.. I'll let you know.
I hope you have the best year at being 32.. I didn't get to leave a memory of you on your memory post.. so here is goes... there are soo many GREAT memories.. you were always soo fun. and I mean FUN. Remember riding your banana seat bike around town together? I remember playing at your house when I was 4 years old... and then sleeping at your apartment in college.. wow- that is pretty rare to have a friend that long.. we have got to get together again sometime soon and catch up!!! I love YOU! When Heidi comes into town next we ARE getting together!
Happy Birthday! I actually thought of you this week and wanted to text you Happy BDay but the lake had no reception! :(
I agree with Jacqui, 32 is DEFINITELY the new 21. I love the 30's. We are not old, NEVER!
Congrats on the baby, although I am counting tonight and thinking you knew when we saw one another just a few weeks ago!!
You are always beautiful, even if you gain 50lbs. or more. I would gain 100lb. for just one babes. Thank you for your sweet words in person and on the blog. Love you.
wow! congrats! happy birthday! and you do look very pretty
hey woman. blog SOMETHING! i keep checking to see if you have anything new!
Congrats on your birthday and your babes in your belly! You look fabulous and always have... okay that high school picture with Jaz, maybe not so hot... but I am sure you felt like you were so styling :) In regards to gaining 50lbs, you can! You always get off all the weight and then some! I am so jealous of you! I am still trying to get 15lbs off from Addison, nine months later.
i am so happy for you receiving such a precious gift of being a mother once again. It is such a blessing even though it doesn't always feel like it. Last Sunday we had our Primary Program and I was so nervous that everything was going to flop. The first song they sung was "I am a Child of God." They sounded like beautiful angels proclaiming such a simple yet powerful phrase! I, of course, teared up and knew that they were teaching me. I love that feeling right after a child is born. Straight from heaven, so innocent and so perfect in every way. You are a wonderful mother and such a beautiful person, inside and out. Good luck with your pregnancy and
Congratulations on the baby news! It's been a while since I've kept up with my FRIENDS. I miss you! Please tell Jasper hi from Mike & me. You look more beautiful than I've ever seen you. How do you do that? :)
Post a Comment