First off...a shout out to my own fab mama. You are brill. You are so kind, good hearted, Christ like, giving, charitable, unjudgemental, & beautiful inside and out. You are a truly lovely being.
I just have to take a moment and say just how thankful I am for my children. For the gift of motherhood. To be a wife. To be a woman. To be a friend. I am amazed at the way motherhood changes me. The way it challenges me, makes me realize my many many weaknesses, and just how hard they are to overcome. But more and more as my littlies become bigger and bigger I am sad. It's a harsh realization of just how fast they grow. They thrive. They become. Become who they always were, who they were always meant to be. Hopefully I don't throw them too far off of that very sacred path. I am trying so hard to cherish each present moment. To be aware of what's really important. Like time. Real time. Cuddle time. Eye contact time. Nap time. :) Unfortunately this is something I really have to work on.
When I had 3 kids, all 3 and under I remember feeling so so so overwhelmed so much of the time. It almost felt like I was drowning. Drowning in diapers, and doing, and never stopping...then doing some more. Then entertaining, and dressing, and feeding, and cleaning. Somehow I survived that and yet I'm sad that I "survived it". That I didn't relish in it more.That I didn't enjoy their cuteness more, cuddle a little longer before throwing them in bed by 8 pm no matter what! I feel thankful that I have realized this now while I still have small ones that I can kiss and cuddle and sill guide. Now the trick is to remember...and who am I kidding, most likely I'll write this very paragraph again next year.
Having done all of this rambling, my mothers day was good. Very good. I woke up to the smell of bacon (a luxury here). And then little feet coming up the stairs. Soon 4 littlies on my bed. And T hugging me and saying "I like you Mom". I like him too. Very much. I attempted to eat the breakfast my hunk of love made me, I had much help. Then some presents that Jazz so kindly purchased for them to give me. Mads made me a calendar she made at school, and a card that was to die for. At church I sat through the entire meeting. That used to never ever ever happen. The kids sang for the congregation-we were all the way in the back so T booked it to the stand, then back as fast as his little legs could carry him, it was hilarious. Jay went with out crying, and Maddie was sweet Maddie. I just feel....blessed. So so blessed. I don't deserve all of the blessings that I have been given.
Every mothers day I ache for those who want to have children but can't, or don't have the opportunity. To you I want to say thank you. Thank you for mothering my children, thank you to those women who have participated in mothering me. You know who you are. :) I am grateful everyday for those women who help in this enormous job of mothering children.
And thank you mom for continuing to mother me. I need it. :)








16 comments:
Happy Mother's Day Jen!! You are so deserving of all the blessings you have been given!! I don't know you but.... I know that you love your hubby, children, family & friends so much, being mum to four little ones is no easy task I know! but you do it & you do it selflessly & I feel the love that you have for these little guys... you realize that it's the simple things the everyday things that matter the most... so if anyone is deserving of being blessed it's you Jen!! I hope your Mother's Day was wonderful... and I love these photos... your babies are so gorgeous... just like their mama!
Tanya xx
You are such a great mom and you totally deserve all of your blessings!
I'm so glad you had a great Mother's Day!
Ah Jen, I'm sitting here sobbing. You said everything that I feel, and you said it so beautifully. This is how I felt all day! I know what you mean about not wanting to simply "survive" it. But some days, that's the best I can do.
I think you are a very inspiring mother, and I am grateful for everything you teach me. It didn't matter how many times T cried yesterday, you picked him up and patiently loved him - understanding that he was having a tough day. I also love how you let your children be who they are. You let Maddie come to piano in her fabulous 80s outfits - building her self-confidence instead of criticizing her; you admire and encourage Jaren, always letting him go at his own pace; you laugh at all of Tanner's mischief and admire his creativity; and you are so good at letting your baby have her space to grow and explore on her own. I'm always amazed at the things that Tae is able to do. She's pretty impressive for a new 2-year-old. You are so supportive of Jasper and love him so much. Really...you inspire me and I'm so grateful for your example.
I'm so glad you had a great Mother's Day!
Cute pictures, Jen! I wrote down similar sentiments in church during a talk about Elder Ballard's motherhood talk....that joy comes in moments, and a quote from a lady saying she wished she'd taken more joy in doing, not just getting it done and moving on to the next thing. You're an awesome mom! Love you!
Happy Mothers Day lady! You have a beautiful family and I love the way you write! Being a mom is the greatest!
Wow, Jen.
Becoming who they always were? That's deep!
I love the pictures!
How can you possibly have four kids and not look a day older than 21? You and Jasper must have started real early :) What a fun mom you are... and a wonderful mom. I think that we all feel the same. Somedays I feel like I miss every little thing and other days I feel on top of the world as a mom and wife. Thanks for always keepin it real. It makes the rest of us feel better knowing we aren't alone in our trials.
Thanks for the reminder Jen, you're beautiful! Love ya...
YOu are so beautiful! even the funny picture at the end. I don't know what your secret is to staying so beautiful..and you are an awesome mom, just the fact that you are always thinking of your kids and their needs.. you ROCK!!!
All I have to say is you are GEORGOUS! You looks so good and so young- haven't changed a bit...
Hi. So speaking of mothers...you have to know that one of your posts actually inspired me to start a blog for moms. You'll have to visit it and help me help mothers. Thanks!
Jen you look fab and the kids are so cute, I was just thinking back to when you guys had Maddie. Wow that seems like forever ago. Hope you guys are doing good. We should get toegether next time you come to town. Love Ya :-)
Love these pics of you and your little beautiful on Mother's Day. I can't believe how big you kids are getting. Man how time flies!
Di
I love your mother's day story jen! and the last picture is so cute - Tae with her little frown and the rest of you so crazy! I miss having you all here. Remember when you lived with us for 9 months? and we got along the whole time! We are amazing!
Girl, I look forward to 8 PM like it's spray cheese on a Ritz cracker! I love it! Seriously, we tried letting the kids stay up later since it's summer ... not a good idea! They just wake up at the same time!
Post a Comment