Monday, May 26, 2008

As of Late...


Some randomness of love.  
Arizona
Went to AZ last weekend and got to see some friends from high school, it was so much fun!  Makes you feel all young again, then you realize you really haven't changed all that much from way back when, except your boobs are sagging, you stretch marks love you so much they will stay with you for life, and you love bunches of little people you never knew back then.  And you realize how hard high school was.  It pretty much sucked except for the fun times with friends.  It seems cruel to me that I'm going to send my kids to high school- no wonder people home school!!!
**"You" meaning "I" or "me".  :) 
This is a pic my friend Melva sent me- she took these while I was taking my own....


all that I will do for a photo...
The Black Eye
Jaren got a fat black eye from falling in church.  It was so sad.  He seems quite proud of his "pirate eye" though.
Lame Tooth Fairy
Then  Maddie lost her second front tooth.  The tooth fairy forgot about it 2 night in a row!  Lame lame tooth fairy.  So Jasper texted her so wouldn't forget.  Apparently the tooth fairy texts these days.  
Hardware
Last week I put hardware on my cabinets, decided I'll have my dream cabinets in another life. These will have to do for now. 



What is not shown here is the bit from the drill stuck half way inside one of the drawers, apparently I underestimated my own brute strength.
Junk in the Bunk
And we found bunk beds for a steal! $400 BRAND NEW with a nightstand. I'm so proud of my bargain shopping abilities.




Then these are the quilts I found for the girls...I was a little scared to go different patterns but I love how they look.  

25 comments:

Nancy said...

My grandma was named Melva. I've never come across another one.

Love those bunk beds and quilts. So cute!!

Meredith said...

Holy cow! Lots of stuff!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bunk beds and the quilts! WHERE do you find steals like that!? I need to hire you someday when we've got money...

Poor Jaren! But, you really can't tell in the first pic.

Isn't it amazing how just some hardware can make the cabinets just *pop*!?

Lindsay said...

I'm proud of your bargain shopping too! Where'd you find them?

Christine said...

the pic of you down on the ground taking the picture is so adorable!

LOVE the bunk bed and quilts.

Tell Jay congrats on the eye!

Tanya said...

The bunk beds & quilts are just gorgeous!! I hear you about the tooth fairy LOL. hope Jaren's eye is better, he is just so adorable! sounds like you had a great time catching up with friends.. gorgeous group of girls!!

LeMira said...

I love it when I find a good deal -- those are cute beds, too!

Emily said...

Well..If the tooth fairy is REALLY giving out 20 bucks, she probably had to wait for the loan to go through - and that can definitely take 2 days! j/k - That is hilarious that she is so forgetful!

I love, love, love the bunk beds and bedspreads. They are even more spectacular in real life.

Sweet little Jaren - He's had a rough couple of weeks at church. For as bad as that eye looked, I thought he was extremely brave.

And your cabinets...Greg happened to be walking by the computer when I was reading this and he said, "Did Jen get new cabinets?" They look so great, too!

So great to have you back to the blogging world. Hello...10 days between posting?!? Stop living your life and start writing about it (so I can live vicariously through you). :)

Jana said...

CUTE beds and quilts! Love them.
Sometimes I wonder what I look like when I'm taking pictures...probably like that.

AudyCamp said...

ok LOVE the BEDS and quilts!!! Funny how that tooth fairy forgets!!...she's forgotten at hour house too!!..that's a terrible feeling huh?

Jackie said...

I am glad to read your posting also. Pretty sad we live for your postings Jen! :-) Loved the beds. So cute- must know where you got them and the quilts. Does Tae sleep in that big bed?

The tooth fairy has forgotten to come to my house also. She was just too busy and had too many kids that lost teeth that night I guess. When Logan lost his first tooth I was out of town. Amazingly, the tooth fairy remembered to come though!

Jen-ben said...

I found the beds in the classifieds online! This couple owns a small store and they sell beds...well they decided not to carry that brand of beds anymore and so they had to sell what they had left. Awesome for me!

Aaron said...

You have so much going on right now. Nice bargain hunting. The room looks adorable. I especially like the pictures of you taking pictures. It almost looks like you are posing for them. Perfect. ;)

tiffunny said...

Love love love the bunk beds and quilts - they look really good together and that is a STEAL! Awesome. And I can sympathize with Jaren's black eye - glad he likes his though.

chelle said...

Love the photos of you taking photos. The bed and quilts are beautiful. Great deal. You are so pretty. Thanks for all your support with the Kallie/High School thing! Yikes. Can't I keep her my little girl forever? M

Amber said...

LOVE the bunkbeds and quilts! You really have quite the eye for beauty. And I love the comment about loving your kids, people you didn't know in high school. So true.

Jacqui said...

Hey--does your secret store have any more beds? Those look exactly what I envision for my older girl's room. Right now they have BROWN bunks that I planned to pass down to "the boys," but since there is only ONE boy (who has a boat bed), I feel the need to girlify their room. Let me know the store, if you are willing to share frugal secrets!! :) $400 is a deal!

Cute HS pic. Is that Shelly Brown? She is so beautiful! You'all look terrific. How fun. High School is the PITS. Boo. It's nice to know that other people thought it stunk, too. And I'm with you on two things--the saggy boobs and the lame tooth fairy. We have both issues around here, too. Another boo! ;) Lol. I've been trying on swim suits today to see if there is anything I look decent in before an upcoming family reunion. It's so fun to try on suits you haven't worn it two years b/c you've been pregnant, only to realize you are not in the same body. Where did that body go? Especially the thighs and boobs...hmmm. I think I left them on the curb at the hospital when I delivered my first baby and I haven't seen them since! Hahaha...!

Sandy said...

So cute! I want some for Emma's room. Too bad I don't live there. Glad you had fun in AZ. too bad you missed the cool weather. It was so great.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of you taking pictures! The bunk beds are very cute! And the bed spreads are perfect! Poor Jaren, but his eye does look tough! And your cabinets are very nice, do you remember the ones displaying in my kitchen, ummm yeah....! I agree high school sucks!

Kendria said...

Angie and Shelly! I bet that was fun! Cute pics... great posts, but what else is new? The bunk beds look great- I love the mismatched fabrics- The Pirate Eye doesn't look too great, but definitely "tough!" Cute kiddos for sure!

Kendria said...

P.S. You guys do have a lame tooth fairy! :)

Unknown said...

Wow, I am so glad to here your tooth fairy misses a few nights as well. The first 6 teeth it never missed, but the last 5, well different story. She started leaving some serious cash- I think mainly from guilt!

Beautifully Ordinary Mother said...

Hello! I'm so glad to know that the "lame" toothfairy forgot about someone else besides my little boy. On his second tooth she also forgot two nights before she made it on the third!! I was soooo happy to know that we're not the only ones!

Annette Larsen said...

I love the bunk beds, they are adorable. Mega cute. And Jaren looks so tough with his black eye.

diane lott said...

super cute,my girls have the same ikea rug in their room! super suuper cute....Di

Rachel Clare said...

You are a lucky lucky duck. I cannot believe these bunkbeds. I'd have paid twice that for them!!