Let me give you a scene at church;
I'm in the hall in between classes. The primary kids are changing classes as well. Each class passes by me. Maddie sees me, she gives me her shy smile, tilted head sweetness, keeps her elbow close to her body and waves and says "hi mom!!" and might give me a quick squeeze.
Next Tanner walks by, he sees me and RUNS to me, huge smile across his face, and hugs me as tight as he can. He keeps hugging me until I tell him it's time to go back to class.
Along walks Jaren. If you didn't know he was mine before, you still wouldn't know. In fact, you definitely think he wasn't mine. He doesn't even acknowledge me. Simply walks by, not a glance, not a smile. I know you're thinking, well maybe he doesn't see you. Oh yes, yes he does. A year or so ago I stopped him and kissed him in the hall. He dropped to the floor and started crying. Now that he's a little older, I've learned my lesson and I just say hi. :) Sometimes I'll get a smile. Sometimes I don't.
Tae sees me and just waves frantically and smiles from ear to ear.
Having said this....he is one sweet sweet boy. We had his birthday party yesterday. He wanted to play flag football. It was really great to watch them. I'm so proud of what a great kid he is. He's always been a sponge...my little observer, taking everything in and remembering it all. And so tender hearted. 
"How do you feel about turning 8?"
"It's good. I'll get baptized. And I'll get to talk with the bishop. I like to play soccer and football, have birthday parties and playing with Tanner."
Short and sweet. :)
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Jaren
Posted by
Jen-ben
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
He's got a serious game face in that photo...
And I love that he dropped and cried when you kissed him!!!
What a great boy birthday party!
Seriously awesome idea for a birthday party! I'm sure he loved it. Your church story reminds me of when Rob and I went to visit him at school and he basically ignored us. haha he's so mysterious that way... Remember when he didn't say my name for MONTHS when he was barely two on PURPOSE?? There's a ton going on in that brain we're not aware of, I'm sure of it.
I view Jaren as the "rock" of all of your kids. Don't know why, but that's just how he strikes me. Strong and unmovable.
Post a Comment