Thursday, May 14, 2009

France



We just got back from an amazing trip to France. Jaspers brother was married in Villefranche- a little town that overlooks the Mediterranean. It was gorgeous. I was only going to post a few pics but I know myself...if I don't do it now I won't... EVER.
We of course took baby Chase. He was a trooper. Slept most of the time. Never cried once on the flights to France, and just a bit fussy on the way home. He'd wake up to smile and coo at us. Most of his time was spent in the Baby Bjorn on Jasper. We went with Jaspers parents, brother and cousin.
This was one of my faves of Ry and Chase...can you say Tender?

We stayed most of the time in Mougin- in south of France right near Cannes. We had a lovely view of this quaint little city. Chase was adored plenty this trip.

Right after a bath- looking at Jazz. He's such a good good baby. Only cries after he's politely let you know he needs something. I love you Chasers.
We went to Cannes one of the first days there. It was really pretty...We spent a lot of time in round-abouts. And I seriously ate more fantastic food on this trip than I have in a long long time.
Moving on....a day before the wedding we went to Nice and stayed there a couple nights. Rams came to hang out with us....we did lots of eating that day. Hot chocolate, baguettes, chocolate croissants for breakfast (healthy hey), frog legs for lunch- surprisingly good! Then a rehearsal dinner that night with more amazing amazing foooooood. I think I gained like 10 lbs. But really I don't care because I'm already having to loose over 20 lbs, what's 10 more?



A marvelous cathedral in Nice...
This was the view from our hotel room...how awesome is THAT?! To the right...
To the left. Ry and J stayed next door to us.
And straight ahead. I think people were spying on us from those windows. If I lived there, I'd spy on everyone...all day long.
So on to the wedding. It was so beautiful. The place they were married was tucked away on a hillside over looking the sea. This was the view from the terrace where they were married. Seriously.

The always stunning Ashley. I'm so happy she's finally "offically" my sister. It's taken way too long. :) She's such a beautiful person inside and out. I love love love you Ash!!!
The boys...This was the only "normal" photo of them, they're always pulling crazy faces.

The day after the wedding...at the brunch. We took a normal pic first, then I looked at it and couldn't believe how SHORT I was...OK, am. So they all came down to my level. Thanks guys.
Later that day we went to Monoco, to Monte Carlo. It was a really pretty city, but kinda boring...so we got a little hyper and took loads of retarded photos. I'll spare you the rest. Jaspers cousin Lissa and hubby Jason hung out with us that day. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. brrruuuuhahahahaha!



What?! What's this...Chase is awake....
Next was our very favorite place: Antibes. It was so beautiful! cobblestone walkways, amazing little houses and streets. A huge market place, with every kind of good food imaginable. A Picaso museum, and of course, a fabulous beach.

This city is over 200o years old...it's so amazing... beautimous I say.
If you look really closely, you can see the Alps in the background....



We also got married while we were there. My hair was especially hot. And my cleavage was a little out of control.
The seat belt laws in France are a little more laid back. hahaha, joke.
Goodbye my favorite little city!

The day we left...Chase was even sad.
I will miss the chocolate.

30 comments:

Mel said...

Wow, Jen, those are amazing, awesome, and beautiful photos. What a fun trip. I can't believe how cute Chase is- well, yes, I can, but still I can't get enough of him. So, so glad you had fun. No worries about the seatbelt- that's how my kids travel around town. :)

Bryce & Cherise said...

oh my GOSH! I"m so JEALOUS!!! It's beauTIFUL! Holy cow! What an amazing place to get married! :) That lucky girl. I'm so glad Chase was so good! It looks like you guys had SO much fun! :) YAY!

Ali said...

Great Jen! Now I want to go back too! How funny it is that you went to the very places we went to so long ago. Bee-you-tiful! Love the pics!

Colette said...

How fun looks amazing!! I'm way jealous. Maybe just maybe I'll get to go there someday! :)

Kaydi Paxman said...

Scott and I leave for France on Monday and that just got me super duper excited! Except i'm sure my pictures won't be nearly as good!

Erin said...

A little piece of my childhood heart is broken. When I was 10 I swore I'd marry that hot ditch pool life gaurd some day! Haha. That trip looks amazing! I can't wait to see more wedding pictures. Were you their photog?

Jen-ben said...

I wasn't their photog. Which was really nice because of Chase...Jasper was in the wedding so there wouldn't have been anyone to take care of the wee babe. :)
Erin, just go with your hubby one day and pretend to get married!

Brian and Kim said...

Wow, what a great trip. Absolutely amazing. I can't believe how much Chase has changed. I feel like I haven't seen him forever. Glad your back!!

Aislinn said...

You LUCKY girl you!!!!! I just peeped on your photo blog and saw France and had to do a double take. What a treat! Fun pictures. Chase is adorable. Hope you get caught up on your rest soon!

Rachel Clare said...

You've just fueled my already hot desire to go back to Europe. I can't stay away too long, and this post is telling me- it's been too long!

great GREAT photos!

Carol said...

Wow! What an amazingly beautiful place. Maybe someday...:).

Annette Larsen said...

Fabulous pictures! It's been a long time since I missed Europe, especially since i've only spent like...3 weeks there all together. But It's just so fabulous!

Jana said...

Wow, it looks like you're almost as lucky as me.
Those pictures are disgustingly beautiful and I love them all and I mostly just can't believe you wore a blue dress to get married and let your boobs hang out that much, it's kind of embarrassing.
Those pictures of Ashley are so awesome!
Ah, sigh, I want to go there and eat pan au chocolate for breakfast......every day of my life...

Angie said...

I am soooo glad you were able to go, new babe and all! Looks like you had a fab time, great pics as always, and nice nursing boobs!! And I am not talking about the painted ones!

AudyCamp said...

Looks like a FABULOUS trip. And Chase is adorable! I can't believe who was so good on the flight...even I'm not that good on a long flight.

Kathy said...

What a fun trip! I am very jealous. I want to go back to France. I wish that I could take a good picture (all of yours could be post cards). I love trips with only the hubby (even if you had one wee babe). And I LOVE chocolate and baguettes.

Amber said...

I'm SOOOO jealous! I love Europe for all the reasons you said: the food, the history, the food, the cathedrals, the food, the beautiful old cities, the FOOD! Maybe Jake and I will get married in the south of France some day. . . .

LeMira said...

Chase looks confused that you'd let him sit so "loosely" in the car. By the way, he's stinkin' cute!

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

Villefranche.. that is exactly where our cruise ship stopped.. i absolutely loved it and we went to this little village at the top of a mountain/hill that was so quaint . i bet you had a great time..lucky girl!

andrea said...

Jen I looks like you had so much fun! I love all your crazy faced photo's too :) and your baby Chase is such a stud!! Holy Hannah!! It seems like just yesterday I heard you were bringing him into this world -- now you're flyin him halfway across it!! Welcome to Earth little man! :)

Sandy said...

Wow, Hope you have lots of hard drive space, I bet you never put the camera down. What a gorgeous place to be married. Oh and you look Fab!!

Lindsay said...

Um...I just sat and scrolled through these pictures over and over for about 30 minutes...drooling. I.Am.So.Jealous.
And is it bad to say that I think your hub is hot? I mean that in a good way of course.

Jen-ben said...

Heidi, so awesome that's where your cruise stopped! Isn't it so pretty!
Lindsay, I think he's hot too. If Darrin dies we could be one happy polygamist family. :) hey, I could use a wife.

Shelly Geller said...

BEAUTIFUL PICTURES! Oh myyyy goodness. It looks like loads of fun. I am so glad to hear Chasers was a good boy for you! Did I mention you are one hot momma? Did I mention Jaspers a lucky dude to have an awesome wife? Did I mention that you are my favorite photographer? Did I mention that when I grow up, I want to be just like you? Hold on, I have to go rub the brown off my nose:)! Love you

Beal Family said...

Wow! What a lucky girl! I must say..I am very Jealous! That looked amazing! I so need a vacation like that about now.
And Chase...Dang!!! You guys did good work. He is absolutely Beautiful!

MoM K said...

It is SOO beautiful there! I just live the view from the wedding place. WOW! 'Congratulations to Ramsey and Ashley! They are such a sweet couple. I'm so glad Chase was so good for you. I thought it would be fun to have hime along. And your other kids were super fabulous for me!!! I love you all.

Jacqui said...

Jealous in every way humanly possible.


But so happy for you!

Kristy said...

Well. At least SOMEONE is living the glamorous life! Seriously though what a fantastic trip...I've always wanted to visit the Mediterranean. The bride...holy gorgeous. And the gentlemen, all so dashing in their finery. And Chase!!! Glad you guys had such a wonderful time!

Barbara said...

The country of LOVE! I adore the pictures! You and Jasper are the cutest! That would be so romantic getting married in France of all places! What a little trooper Chase is. He is just so dang cute!

Melissa Bosen said...

Thanks for the gorgeous photos--sometimes I think they're as close as I'll ever get to Europe!
I LOVE the picture of Chase buckled so "securely" in his seatbelt. He is delicious, Jen!
Glad you guys had so much fun!