Friday, May 22, 2009

What was all that shouting?

A friend emailed me this and I loved it so much I had to share:

"This life is the second estate over the prospects of which we once shouted for joy (Job 38:7), even though there may be brief moments when we might wonder what all that shouting was about." Neal A. Maxwell

7 comments:

LeMira said...

LOL! That is a great statement!

Michelle Arnett said...

Haha, I wish I felt like shouting still! Maybe that's why I like shouting while I run:)!

Christine said...

Ha! Aw, that makes me miss Elder Maxwell.

MoM K said...

A wonderful thought! And the shouting continues!

Emily said...

I still shout rather frequently - except it is usually aimed at my naughty children. Does that count?

Actually, there are times when I do shout for joy at the privilege of this journey and I feel like my heart will burst with happiness. Like having new babies in our home, for instance. I am just grateful for those moments so I can make it through all those other times where I want to shout and rip my hair out. Thanks for sharing!

Allyson said...

That's definitely a fun one! I'm sure the shouting was for the overall plan and not the trials attached. :)

Aislinn said...

so TRUE!