Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Time Out T.


It seems this little man is spending much too much time in this here time-out chair. He doesn't really care. He doesn't care if I take away toys, or swat his tight bootie, or threaten anything or everything. When I get really mad he just starts laughing...and then I start laughing. I can't believe how much more difficult it is to raise children than I thought it would be, and their only little. Anyway...he's just so dang cute...

19 comments:

chelle said...

How could anyone get mad at that sweet little face? HE IS THE CUTEST! Good luck! You are doing a great job. M

Meredith said...

Ah, yes. Jackson doesn't learn from time-outs, spankings, yelling, or anything else. But he doesn't laugh at me; I almost wish he would! That way it would make me less mad (at whatever he did)

Bryndie said...

look how cute he looks on that time out chair. If it makes you feel better, Burklie is already starting to laugh when we get mad at her. When I point to her and say NO NO NO, she points right back at me and says NA NA NA. It is so funny I can't help but laugh.

Sandy said...

ah yes, it makes me cringe thinking about the teenage years. My Emma just screams bloody murder no matter what we do. I just can't wait till she is thirteen I'm afraid the tantrums are going to be much worse then. hmmm maybe I really am done with just two!?

tiffunny said...

I agree - he's much too cute to stay mad at!

Emily said...

He is absolutely adorable. I LOVE those shots of him. I think it's great that you start laughing, too. I'm afraid that would just make me more angry. I keep saying: It's a good thing she (meaning Macy) is so cute because it saves her life most of the time. I just adore him!

Jackie said...

Too cute! Wish Claire would make me laugh. She just screams in my face and tells me to shut up. No laughing there! I am getting very nervous for her to be a teenager- already she is beginning the disrespect...

Kristi said...

sooo cute! Why does nothing work with these kids??

Your pics of Bethi n Derek are amazing! The one where he has his hand on her face and is kissing her... totally made me cry! You are so talented!

Aaron said...

He laughs? Hilarious!

Laura said...

Heather's kind of like that too. One time when she was 4 or so I threatened to take away all her toys and she got in trouble again. So, I boxed up her whole room and made her watch. She just sat on her bed and said things like, "Mom, you forgot that doll over there" and "There's more stuff in my closet."

What's a mom to do? If you figure it out let me know, because sometimes I feel like I've tried just about everything. Heidi has always laughed too when she's in trouble. Gotta say...just makes me more mad. I guess I should have tried laughing back. Then again, I'm not sure that would have worked with her either. Oh well! Anyway, your little T is pretty cute...even when he's in time out!

Notaname said...

What awesome photos of the little stinker...Make's me wonder if I should look forward to having kids....

Anonymous said...

Apparently it IS a boy thing ... My little guy doesn't seem to care whether or not I swat him or put him in time-out ... Best of luck girl! I am right there with ya!

Anonymous said...

Tanner reminds me of my Isabelle! Yesterday I told her she was a good kid and she said, "No I am not" I said,"yes, you are" and she again said, "No, I am not a good kid." Apparently I need to reinforce that with her because I really want her to be a good kid so if I tell her enough maybe she will be! It is way more difficult to raise children than I ever imagined but also way more rewarding than I ever imagined too!

jen said...

He is so freaking adorable! Watch out for him! I've gotta remember to pull out my camera @ times like those...those are some of the cutest pics!

Mel said...

So funny! He and Dallin must be sharing notes because that scenario sounds way too familiar.

Tanya said...

He's too cute to stay mad at!!! I feel it's a boy thing! love the first photo... he almost looks sorry!

Notaname said...

Boy thing?!?!??! I HATED time out!!!

sara said...

Oh boy! My experience w/ my #2 to a T. He is so dang cute. Love the pics...
"humph"
"should I be upset?"
"Um. No, not really."

Bryce & Cherise said...

i love his little underwearsies