Thursday, April 3, 2008

Where is My Solace


My sister Jana wrote a beautiful book a while back about her experiences with depression.  She just put it on a  blog so it's online!!  It's amazing....even if you don't struggle yourself with it, or know anyone who does (I'm sure you do- you just don't know it), it's for everyone.  

If you read it...let us know what you thought!!!  Loves to you Jana!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this Jen.

smilingsarahbear said...

I hope you don't mind but I happened in on your blog and I just wanted to pop in and tell you how much I love it! I actually was in Jana's ward in Mesa 61st ward for too short a time so I didn't really get to know her, but what little I did I knew she was amazing. Anyway, I'm hooked on your blog now. I left a comment (anonymous) on your trials post and I just want to say how awesome it was for you to do that. And I hope you don't mind but I would like to add something of this sort to my blog as well. Anyway... keep up the great work! (Oh- and I added you to my blog links... hope that's ok!) Thanks again!

Emily said...

I'm on Chapter 2, and I'm really loving it. I have to force myself to stop reading and actually be productive with my kids. So...I'll slowly make my way through it. Thank you for sharing such a tough experience.

chelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chelle said...

HI Jen and Jana, Love this. I just have read a little but I am looking forward to reading the rest ASAMLLM (as soon as my life lets me!) Thanks for posting this. m

Jackie said...

I'm going to share this with Spence. He suffered from chemical depression that hit him 6 months into his mission. He had to come home and be hospitalized. He tried to get well enough to return back to London to complete his mission, but wasn't able to. He is very knowledgeable on the subject and started a support group for return missionaries who suffered with depression. He helped a lot of people- literally their lives at times. Maybe that was his mission instead. :-)

Michelle Arnett said...

So, this is funny that I looked at the picture and thought, "who is Jen with?!?!" This guy is her solace? Shouldn't Jasper be her solace? Until I realized it was your sister!!! Haha. It got a good laugh out of me.

manda carol said...

You girls are so amazingly talented. I have loved reading Jana's blog. It has brought me tremendous peace as I've read through it. Thank you!

Andrea said...

I've read it already and skimmed through it a couple more times. I also have had my mom reading it. Jana did a wonderful job. Thanks for sharing it with me, Jana! It has really helped put things into perspective!

Sandy said...

Thanks so much for sharing..