Monday, April 14, 2008

The "B" word

Today Madeline told me her friend told her the "B" word.
Me: "So what is it? You can tell me."
M: "I don't want to say...." (all embarrassed)
Me: "It's OK to tell you're mom..."
M: OK...it's...it's... Butch" Slamming her hand against the roof of the car "you know, like butch!"
Me: "Ya."
For some reason, this is Butch to me....

24 comments:

Tanya said...

Bless her sweet little heart!

Amber said...

Jake and I are laughing our heads off!

Aislinn said...

laughing......

Brian and Kim said...

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it. :)

MoM K said...

Yes, He is very "B word".... Sweet little Maddie. That is so nice that she would tell you all about it. You are a good mom!

Sandy said...

It's sad that I remember when that haircut was in style. Yes, he is very BUTCH! haha! I can't wait till it comes back in... :)

Rachel Clare said...

Jen, I just peed a little I'm laughing so hard. That is so funny! How on earth did you keep from snorting?

tiffunny said...

I would think the same thing for "butch" - except we usually used it for a girl that acted/looked like a guy - mullet and all! I remember when I first thought I figured out some of the "forbidden" words. I thought the "F" word was "funny". Oh to be young and innocent again!

Bryndie said...

So funny! Where on earth did you find such a hidious picture? I remembered doing the same thing to my mom but it was the "F" word.

Jen-ben said...

ya, she also told me she knows the "f" word is Fart...hahahahaha!!!

Jackie said...

LOL! Is that someone from your old yearbook? I hope it's not someone you dated......Ha!

Claire spilled something the other day and shouts out "Gosh damnit!" I don't know where in the world she would hear that in my house....so if she ever says it in front of your children- I do apologize! I know that she doesn't know the "B" word though.

Laura said...

That is so funny! I told our kids that it wasn't nice to call people fat, so that's the "F" word at our house.

Anonymous said...

so funny, great pic

Bethany said...

ha! i'm still laughing! what a great kid.

Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

That is funny!

Lindsay said...

You naughty girl! I love it!

Emily said...

Hilarious! And I love the high-school photo of Jasper.

Anne Gould said...

Jen, where do you find your pictures? Great entry! Thanks for the laugh.

Aaron said...

ROTFLMAO!!!!

chelle said...

So now we now what the styles will be in about 15 years. Don't they come around every few decades? I can't see my sweet son with this head of hair. Makes my hair stand on end.

So I have a cute story about Corbin on this subject. I will post it. Check it out. M

Kristy said...

Ha Ha! I love it!

Kendria said...

I am laughing my head off... That is one HOT mullet butch! :)

Leesa said...

hahahahahaha
So who is that?