Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Chasers

Chasey face, Chasers, Chucky, Chache....the many "ch" names of baby Chase. Oh how I love him. Can't imagine our life without him. I'm finally starting to feel like I can be done having kids. It's a weird feeling. It feels good. Like now I can move on to a new chapter in our lives. Next year I'll only have Chase home with me full time. SO weird. And yet, it feels like yesterday I was changing diapers all day....3 kids in diapers, constant whining (although we still have a lot of whining), I had to be the source of entertainment...or I'd leave it to Dora. And now, life just feels a little easier. Like I can breathe again. It's really nice, I'm not going to lie. Kids play with each other, they clean up (for the most part) after themselves when I ask, they help around the house, the big kids take care of Chase, it's really amazing just seeing the kids all work together, fight together, whine together, and yet love each other in the end.
I can't believe how big he is. He melts my heart. He says a few words:
mom
dad
nene
papa
hi
bye
and what resemble I want that

Then he does a whole lot of pointing and "uh uh uh"ing. He thinks it's funny when he gets in trouble. Problem is, I do too.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Oh Chase! Such a handsome little man. I still can't believe that you got him to put his hands in his pocket. He's just a natural when it comes to the GQ-ness. He was rockin' out and shaking his little booty to the "Magic School Bus" theme song tonight. He and Spencer and Kade would catch each other groovin' and just giggle away. They just fed off each other. It was hilarious!

I'm so happy that you can breathe again. You really do seem so content with life. You are such a beautiful, loving, insightful mother. What a nice feeling. I still feel like I'm suffocating most days.

Wait a minute...This is not Emily's Therapy Blog...This is your blog...And this is all about Chase.

Awwww Chasers. I adore him!

Jana said...

Oh my gosh, he's SO grown up!!!

LeMira said...

What happened to the baby?! He's darling. I just want to say that I know that feeling of feeling "done." I only have one, and somehow, I'm starting to feel that way, finally. Your children have an awesome mom, by the way!

Meredith said...

I cannot believe how big he is! And he's so stinkin' cute!

Amber said...

He is sooo cute! I'm a little jealous of your "done" feeling and that your kids are getting easier. Even though I know how hard having another baby will be, I cried yesterday when I saw a pregnant STRANGER (yes, a complete stranger) that's how bad I want another baby!