Monday, September 27, 2010

Miss Madeline

How I adore this girl. She always wants to talk at night when she should be going to bed. It's really cute. She tells me about making wishes on stars, and how sometimes they come true, but this last time didn't go exactly as she's planned. She wanted to know if a boy liked her. :) OR, the other day she asked "how old were you when you found out you were going to have Chase?" "32" "Wow Mom, that's WAY too old to have a baby!". I remember thinking my mom was old when she was as old as I am. Oh, how wrong I was. I still don't even know what I'm doing being a mom.
She likes to say things like "that adds the feminine touch" or "that's so stylish". Some favorite words are still "literally, odd and technically." She has the biggest heart. Takes such good care of her siblings. Is always willing to help and never wants us to be disappointed in her. I'm so lucky to have her for a small season of time in my home. I'm already sad for that day when she moves out! waaaah!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I was listening to an interview on the radio today and heard that some actor was 37 and I actually thought, huh, that's kinda old. THEN I realized that's only four years older than I am. Guess who's old NOW!

Ruth said...

Speaking of talking when she's supposed to be going to bed...that's when you really find out what is going on with the teenage mind. Break out the chocolate and chips and listen as often as you can. The good vibes will last into the next day.