I don't have many moments of serenity. I often try to find things to cut out of my life that just bog me down. But then my usual conclusion is to cut out my crappy t.v. shows. And lets face it, I'm not that disciplined. Life is so interesting. Full of choices and responsibility, and consequences, and money issues, and wiping dirty faces, and butts, and moping, dishes, laundry, driving all over creation for your kids....I could go on and on. Anyhow, what's my purpose. I don't know. But I do know that we are in Bear Lake for a family reunion. I'm sitting on a deck with a cool breeze, a glass of water, Tae by my side and the rest of the kids running wild. I love it. I love this moment. I may not love many moments later today. But I do love this one. So...I wanted to document this before I forget.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






9 comments:
SCORE ONE for BEAR LAKE!! May you have many more moments of being together, serene or not serene...
I had a moment like that the other day, sleeping in a teepee with my little family in Jeff's parents' front yard. It had been such a relaxing, happy day, and I thought of that quote or poem or whatever it is..."God's in His Heaven; all's right with the world."
There's a word for that, it's "Peur aeternis." It means 'the moment eternal,' one perfect moment which, if one could hold on to it, could go on forever...
I just learned that from a dear friend and I'm so glad there is a word for it, because it's so hard to explain those moments.
Have fun, love ya
What a beautiful post and a beautiful thought and a beautiful moment. I had one today too. I am so happy you are having fun. That deck, overlooking the lake, is one of my favorite places on Earth.
I read this and it's funny because I always think the TV should go too but I LOVE to relax in front of other people's drama at the end of a long day. I just don't think I could do it either. ;) Enjoy your reunion.
You are too cute, Jen. I want to be like you!
And then I came along while you were writing that and took your serenity away... LOL
ok what the crap. my blg never told me of these last few updates. unacceptable.
I'm so glad you had a wonderful moment! And I know you had many more. It was a great reunion! Thanks for doing so much to make it happen. It was perfect for me! oh, well, except for hosing throw-up off sheets in the back yard at 3 a.m..... But who cares, even that wasn't so bad with Kimi to help me!
Post a Comment