Every night I think -tomorrow I'm going to be the best mom. I'm going to sit and snuggle with each child...play games, have meaningful conversations....
Then the day starts. Mornings are good, just really busy getting kids off to school. The I finish getting Chase fed and down for a nap, then finish laundry, or dishes, or clean up Taelyn constantly messy room, or perhaps shower. Or like today, I've been paying bills, returning emails for photography clients, and on the phone for ages about a rental property. I feel like it's like this way too often. It's just frustrating. I know I need to go to bed a little earlier so I can get up earlier and get more done then. But I love night time because that's my time with Jasper. I think maybe I just need a better time management plan. But I thought I was good at that. Maybe not. I know! I just need a personal assistant. Who wants to be mine?
Does anyone else feel like this??






8 comments:
Frustrating isn't it? such a busy life you have. but it's full of love and creating and receiving love and friendships and doing stuff for the kids and taking care of their very big and important needs. And your needs are important too! Thank goodness you have a wonderful husband that you are happy to stay up late with to spend time together. It's all good Jen, be happy you have such a full beautiful life and sneak those hugs and stories in somewhere!
Love ya!
MoM
All. The. Time.
Do you even need to ask, especially since you are pretty much my personal therapist.
Yes, we all feel this way!
Yes! i am excited to have the kids out of school so we can spend time together and so I can be a slave driver and spread the chores out among my little herd.
I am with you on the nights. I kill my sleep not only to spend time with my hubs, but sometimes to enjoy the quietness of the house after even HE has gone to bed.
You may feel like you are not doing enough for your kids, but one day when they are serving their children, they will remember how much you served them. That happened to me tonight when I was changing Spencer's throw up bed. I remembered many a times my mommy cleaned up my barf and played with my face until I fell back asleep. Those are the moments your kids will remember and the most important times. Kisses. You are A-Mazing!
I constantly feel like this. I think it comes down to handling what I CAN control and letting go of the rest. We can only do what we can right? Easier said than done, I think.
OH Jen - I would be your personal assistant in a heartbeat! Time management is ALWAYS a struggle for me & something has to give - so I live in a consistently messed up house - oh well!
Post a Comment