Sunday, May 23, 2010

Taelyn is 4

She is something else. So expressive. She's 4. That four years really and truly FLEW by. She doesn't look like a toddler anymore. I guess that's because she's not {sniff sniff}. I'm looking forward to four. I think it's a great age. 3's are the hardest for me and chillins. They're so emotional and a little crazy. But maybe they get that from me. :)
Tae Tae....

I see this look at least 1.4 thousand times a day

This is what she does as soon as she's me with a camera. It's not easy getting a picture of her, people. For real.
Ah, my sweetness...
I love you preshy Tae Tae. So much.


She just brought me her pillow case where someone had drawn on it with marker. Big surprise. She said "I'm so sad, someone drew on my pillow. Maybe it was the police man. But if someone drew a happy face on it, I'd be so happy!" So....I did. With marker.

My interview with the famous Taelyn for her 4th birthday:

What's your favorite thing to do: Play with Paige, but I DON'T like to clean up the basement by myself
What's your favorite food: Pasta
What's your favorite toy: Dora
What's your favorite t.v. show: Dora and Buzz Lightyear (what the??)
Why are you special: Because I love my mom. Because I love my Daddy. Because I love flowers and grass and I love the beautiful flowers on the trees and I like my room painted pink that's why I like to be special. Do you have another question?
What do you like to learn about: Um, Jesus. About a book, maybe we should buy a strawberry book.
What's your favorite song: I'm a sunbeep and Twinkle Little Star
Where is heaven: Living with Jesus.
What is the most special thing you can give to someone: New shoes that has butterflies on it. Being so a great girl. To be nice to friends. Do you want me to do that? Yes! I will do that if you don't be mean to me.


ON that note. I have to ask her everything nicely. She won't do something if I don't. She'll stop and say, "mom, ask me nicely!" So I do, and she does it. Lesson learned Tae, lesson learned.

10 comments:

MoM K said...

What a great idea to record the little conversation. I love her answers. She is so sweet and you have such a great skill for catching her precious looks. The pictures make you love her even more! If that's possible.

Annette Larsen said...

That look in the first picture is the same one I get from Sophie. Three is the hardest age for me as well. It's terrible 3s, not terrible 2s.

Jana said...

Well, it's just a good thing she's keeping you in line. Yeah, we also didn't have terrible twos with Emma...I think we had difficult threes and emotional fours.

Emily said...

Oh that girl. Could I love her more?!? When I think of Tae, I think of "my own self" and how she always says "un" in front of the thing she wants you to do (unbutton instead of button). She has Paige talking like that now, and it brings a smile on my face every single time. And she does let me know that Twinkle Twinkle is "her song" - pretty sure she owns the rights.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure I'll never meet another person in my entire life with eyes like that. I swear, I could take a swim in them. They are so luscious!

I love you Tae Tae.

Christine said...

Heehee! Her answers are even better than Tanner's! Sunbeep! And the shoes with butterflies! Hee!

Jacqui said...

Love the interview idea. Might have to copy you. It's the best flattery, right?

I love that she calls it Sunbeep. That's why my two youngest say, too, and I've been meaning to write it down but keep forgetting!

Michelle Arnett said...

I love this idea of interviewing your children on their birthdays! Love her.

andrea said...

such a cute girl. :)

andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Jen, you are a great mom! And, I am stealing this to use to interview my famous Brooklyn on her 4th birthday. Which is in September! Crazy.