Sunday, June 6, 2010

Up and at em.

So as of late:

I've been feeling more and more moments of this fullness. Like I feel complete, happy, and so grateful for my life and my family. It's been such a blessing to be able to feel like I'm thoroughly enjoying motherhood. Finding the joy in all of it. I'm so thankful for these moments. They keep me going and happy.
I've decided per my last post (and because I've felt like I should do this for literally years) that I'm going to re-devote myself (the story of my life) to going to bed by 11pm and getting up by 6:30am. I've been so bad at this in the past, so I thought perhaps if I post this it'll make me a more responsible human being. ha! SO, as of tonight, I AM going to do this. I figure this way I can exercise (ya, it's been like a year people), read scriptures and maybe even shower before the kids wake up. Wish me luck. :)
Sometimes I look at Madeline and see a teenager already. She's an amazing person. Jaren and Tanner still keep me on my toes. I can't seem to discipline them lately without it ending in laughter. Taelyn...oh she's still a firecracker. Loves her best friend ever, Paige, playing with Polly Pockets and having tea parties by herself. It's really cute. She still says "un" in front of most things she wants to do...buckle, button, zip...I love it. Chase is walking everywhere. He is getting feisty as ever. I adore all of the above children named.... Jasper too. :)

5 comments:

Jana said...

Getting up before kids is a brilliant idea...someday I'll do it too. For now I think I'm okay with the system I have.
The thing about laughing when you discipline kids always makes me think of mom trying not to laugh when she told us to stop something. I always LOVED when that happened. It was like reassurance that we were really funny kids, and also permission to keep doing it as long as she was laughing. I've had it happen to me a few times, and I don't mind it at all, because I remember that feeling and how great it was for us! :)

Jackie said...

Just ask Nathan how I try to discipline him without laughing. For some reason I just can't do it...

Good luck with your new schedule plan. I often wake before the kids and find it so peaceful. I don't take full advantage of the time though by showering or reading. Course now all my time is spent nursing and holding a baby. :-)

Jacqui said...

Good luck with the sleep schedule. I need to do that, too. And I have lofty goals--one of which is to QUIT swearing! I know, it's terrible! I never was a potty mouth until recently. Shoot. And I used to be so judgmental of those who slipped out the occasional biblical swear word. I have these lofty goals of perfect days, too, and then something happens--like today it was a trip to the ER with #2. Sheesh. Life happens. My big goal is to dejunk our house--like get rid of half of our stuff. I am so tired of cleaning, organizing and taking care of so much JUNK. It's got to go. It's so hard for me, too! I am such a frugal queen, but I swear the stuff in my life is suffocating me.

Let us know how the sleeping goes. I need some inspiration in that department, because I do truly feel better with a good night's rest. I just can't manage to get up my gumption and be disciplined about it.

Robyn said...

I am really bad at going to be early too, but when I do and I get up before the kids, my days seem much better. Maybe I should try this again too.

MoM K said...

You CAN do it, Jen!! I would suggest going for a walk (or run) early in the morning. I think your mornings there are really pretty and not hot yet like here and it is just beautiful! If you wake up and think of how pretty it is outside it helps you get up early.
I'm so happy you are in such a sweet place in you family happiness! Can't wait for your visit next week!!!