So...is it just me or are less and less people blogging? It seems like Facebook has been satisfying my need to vent in small sentences. But I really want to keep blogging so that I can make it into a fab-o book someday. Are you all reading as many blogs as you used to? Are you posting as often? Is this just my imagination?
Thank you. Amen.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Is it just me?
Posted by
Jen-ben
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






33 comments:
I almost never blog anymore and yet wish more people would so go figure! lol
i still blog a lot. i guess I just like to! maybe i don't have enough friends on facebook, but I just can't get into it!
No it's not your imagination. I'm still reading blogs as much as I used to and blogging as little as I ever did.
I was just thinking the same thing the other day, too funny! I am still blogging (at least once a week). It is my little journal. I catch myself looking at facebook more lately also.
I've been thinking the same thing for the last few months. I've even known friends who officially quit blogging cause of facebook. I like facebook, but still think blogs are best for saying anything of substance. With that being said though, I'm blogging worse than ever but that's just because life is getting in the way. When i do find computer time, i always check other people's blogs before i get around to my own. So i'm still trying to keep up on others but my own is taking a hit (and i end up doing long catch-up posts that probably bore everyone when i do find time).
I agree! What's the deal with people. I do like facebook but CMON!...blogging a WAY bigger priority! MAinly to make as a book for posterities sake but sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!
c'mon Jen... You use sitemeter... your stats don't lie. Less than 1000 hits so far in June. tsk tsk. What are you going to do to drive more traffic to your blog? I'm sure most peeps have figured out by now that a feed reader is the best way to read a blog. so hmmmm.. Whats a girl to do? FB feeds our voyeuristic desires for now. There's also twitter! If its only a place to Journal and to put thoughts down that might someday become a book. Then who cares. Its still serving its purpose for you, even if your audience is slowly shrinking
I haven't been blogging much lately because we have the same ole stuff going on day to day. The kids haven't been up to much. It's sad. I should keep it up better, though.
I've been noticing that facebook is taking over quite a bit. I haven't been blogging as much, but I want and need to, cause I love that record it creates for me!
Who are you annonymous????
I'm not asking because I want more people to read my blog...I'm asking because I don't read many any more. I don't care who does or doesn't read mine, I do it for me.
So there. :)
LOL - Jen - I love your comment! I agree - I don't care that no one reads my blog - I do it for me. And I guess I am an odd one, because I still do it alot! Facebook is good for shout outs but I don't spend much time there. I love blogs and blogging!
Oh my gosh! I was just going to make a post on this exact same thing!! I was going to vent about how Facebook has taken over and I miss the blogs. I'm guilty as well for not updating mine like I used to. I hate Facebook because of all the invitations and quizzes, etc. Who cares! So let's all stop facebooking and start blogging again!
Oh- and I also hate the Facebook thing because it puts my spouse (ok- and me) in touch with all the "ex-s" of the past. Spence was on Facebook the other night just all smiles looking at old college friends- aka girlfriends. I'm sorry, but I don't like that. There's no need for it. There...got that off my chest. :-)
I'm still blogging slowly - trying to get into facebook - but not really into it - and I'm really missing all of your thoughtful/ thought provoking posts but I am still inspired by your super momness:)
I use a RSS feed reader to keep updated, so I check a couple times of day -- much easier than clicking on them all separately. However, I like Facebook for the one-liners. I haven't been blogging a lot lately because it takes time, and I don't want it to be all about Jackson all of the time. I wait too long to be clever. . .
I'm with you, I love blogging & it's such a great way to "journal" what's going on in my life. I just go through periods where I blog less, cause we're up to less. Plus I think summer can get busy for a lot of people.
I try hard to blog... Facebook and Twitter have sucked me in. And, for some reason, blogging makes me tired- especially keeping up with two... (you know).
I only read peoples' blogs now who I've subscribed to. Sad.
I remain faithful to blogging, even though I'm on facebook a lot lately. I don't really want to divulge details on facebook, but I'm happy to do it on my blog!
Hi,
I don't know you but I like your blog, you take beautiful pictures.
I agree with you, at first I signed up for this, many of my friends posted but not lately because of Facebook. It's sad because I loved reading their blogs. I still write on here from time to time so my husband knows what's going on with me, he's in Afghanistan right now.
Its hard to make time for Blogging/Journaling. I still us blogging way more than Facebook or anything else. Im amazed at how many blogs I read actually. Its just hard to post on my own blog sometimes?
Jen..I too do it for journaling purposes and PLEASE don't stop blogging EVER! I love looking at your blog and you are so inspiratonal. I miss your sweet little family here in Bellemont and so this is how I feel connected to you. Thanks.
Oh wait.. I guess "little family" isn't quite the right word..ha ha ha
What was with that Anonymous comment? geeze. Whatever Anonymous. I for one and extremely PROUD when I get lots of comments! ha!
Anyway, Jen you're FAB and I'm sorry I stole your brush.... ;)
OH! and I think I'll just buy you a new one...this one looks like it's dying.
I love blogs, I don't have a facebook account. I know I'm old and don't like change! It took me weeks just to learn to put a picture in my blog.
I agree with Kristi. Amen.
I love blogging, but I just had two babies (my excuse for EVERYTHING). It isn't just the time constraint, but my brain hasn't been working correctly since they were born. Sometimes, I lose track of a thought mid-sentence. How annoying! When I get my brain back, I'll be better at blogging.
Don't ever quit. EVER. Even if we only get insight from you every once in a while, it's totally worth it. Love you!
You know what I like about blogging that you can't do on Facebbook? Fixing typos and spelling errors.
Also, Facebook just isn't cut out for telling a story with pictures.
I have just started the FB thing, and it kind of bugs. I like, sorta, but mostly not. I prefer blogs by a million to one. I think summer just gets hectic and busy.
Your blog is one of my faves, so keep on going, sista.
I like facebook but you can't stalk people nearly as easily there as you can on blogs. :) I try and remain a faithful blogger but I read more than I blog. It's disappointing that not as many people are blogging but alas all fads have to slow at some point.
I am still a blog lover. . . . I haven't felt facebook fulfilling me in the same way:) No journal entries there for sure!
I've been sick for the past 6 months and got way behind. So now I'm desperately trying to catch up and so have totally noticed that people aren't updating much and not leaving comments much either. I have a FB account, but don't ever get on it. I still love the idea of blogging. Mike made me a book from 2007 for my bday last year. Love it!
Same feelings as you exactly...where has everybody gone? I'll sit down and try to post but usually end up erasing it, words don't come smoothly and easily to me. I can't quite express how I feel. And you know my feelings on Facebook...
Annonymous must be jealous of your popularity and awesomeness, I know I am. I got a snotty "Annoymous" comment too. Come out of the closet annoymous!!!
Not posting much, not reading much. Summer is ridiculously busy for me (and I suspect everyone else too.) Maybe it'll pick back up come fall.
Post a Comment