Sunday, April 17, 2011

testimony

Last Sunday Madeline shared the sweetest testimony. It was only her second time getting up in front of an entire congregation of people to "burry" her testimony as she still calls it. I don't want to tell her it's actually bare. I like keeping her little as long as possible. She talked about how she was always scared to fast because she thought she might starve :), but that she started to think about her little sister and how she will never in her whole life be able to fast....(she then put her hands up to her face and just started to cry) because she has type 1 diabetes. And then it made her feel better about fasting herself because it's such a blessing to be able to do. It was so sweet and heart felt. I had tears streaming down my cheeks as I watched her up there. In front of a couple hundred people, crying because of what she was feeling. I feel like I caught a quick glimpse into the Madeline that has been for years and years before she came to this earth. What a precious girl she is. And how blessed I am to have the honor of being her mother. I need to make sure my actions towards her always tell the story of my love for her.....
I chose to post this photo because I found it on the desktop after she had been messing around with the computer camera. I had to a double take because she looks so old in it. Ahhh, I love her.

5 comments:

Christine said...

That is so sweet! How amazing that she came to that realization all on her own.

Jana said...

She is so mature...totally growing up. Don't you love it when they come up with insights on their own?

Jacqui said...

Precious. Love glimpsing into their sweet little souls. Doing so is a treasure.

Emily said...

I cried then and I got a little choked up again just now. She was so adorable and tender-totally speaking from her heart. She is an amazing girl!!! And you are a beautiful mother!!!

Meredith said...

SO sweet. I can't wait to hear one of my children's testimonies. I just barely heard Eric's for the first time. ::: sigh :::

And yeah, that picture makes her look like she's in high school. I can't believe how grown-up she's getting to be!