Wednesday, March 9, 2011

kids and quotes

Chase:

I was at the Post Office, Chase wondered through the store screaming his happy scream the entire time I was in line. Had that been Madeline I would have been mortified. Five kids later, I just think it's funny. He's talking more. He climbs out of bed. Joy.

He actually has a great sense of humor, he's always trying to make us laugh. His quirky smirks and laughing when he's naughty.

Taelyn...and some funny quotes:

"I want to marry a chocolate chip human".

"remember when we went to the other earth called Arizona?"

"remember when I wasn't borned and it was so fun! and jesus build me and loved me!"

"Happy Birthday, my mom loves her bed, she sleeps in it all day"
As we were laying in bed - very distraught- "it's a bad day when I grow up! Next week I'm gonna be a mom and I don't like being a mom and I don't make food! And then I'll be a human!!"
"I will be a mean mom and say mean stuff to my hunnies" I love that she calls children hunnies.

She asked me last week if we could go and get her a "hunny ring". She has this strange sense of humor emerging. She never fails to make me laugh.

Tanner :

Recently announced he wants to be a robber when he grows up. Should I be worried?? He wants to rob banks, then if he gets caught he'll break out of jail. At least he has a plan.

A few Sundays ago, our day started off with half a gallon if paint spilled on my kitchen floor. Amazing that a certain child is still alive. :) Then he went to church and told his teacher he wanted an "ass for Christmas....do you know what an ass is? It's a donkey." He represents us so well.

The other day he said to me as we are driving "soon, when mom dies, maddie will be able to sit up front". Why thank you Tan.

I took Tanner to the dentist, he has marine decor everywhere. There was one of those round things you use to steer boats with...(this one was GIANT), on the wall, he thought it was to play with so he ran up to it, and turned it as hard as he could. He fell, hard. It even bounced. Luckily they're used to kids.

Doesn't ever want to go to school. Ever. He loves football. He loves the Boise Broncos, then Florida State, then BYU. hahaha. He told me today, "mom, there's woman volleyball in a couple weeks. You should play. Do you know how to do it? It's easy, you just throw the ball up and hit it. Do you have any tennis shoes?? You can wear those." hehehe. He still like to rub his nipples under his shirt. Yes, I know, it's quirky. He's done it ever since he was a baby, it's either the nipples or bellybutton. Hey at least it's not something else. :) Little girl Riley from his class has liked him for a year now... it's really cute.


Jaren:

Jaren is so sweet. Sweet and a know it all. But usually he really does know it all. It's strange because he's a know it all AND a peace maker. Kind of seems like an odd combo. :) He's really gifted at piano, he has an ear. He can hear a song and figure it out on the piano. It's a gift he got from his daddy.

He has a knack of making me laugh whenever I'm getting upset with them. It's so unfair. He's the peacemaker. He listens when you don't think he's listening. He rarely says hilarious things because most everything he says is fact (or at least he thinks it is). At night he likes to hug me for way way too long just to stay awake. It's really sweet. We usually end up laughing really hard.


Madeline

"How old were you when you found out you were having Chase?" "32" I said. "wow Mom, that's WAY too old to be having a baby!!"

Madeline's favorite words;
Litterally, odd, technically,

I let Madeline taste a bite of my soup the other night and she said right after ...
"Ya, It's OK, but it doesn't BEDAZZLE me.... "

She has decided she wants to be an author. These are the titles of her books she'll write:
1. Witch Town
2. Dance or Die
3. Not Now, Not Never
4. Just Paris, Just Paris

She told me she has a lot of dancing books because dancing has a lot of "action".

She's really concerned about making things right in her life. Many times I feel like I'm a priest that she confesses to. It's really sweet. And endearing.

9 comments:

Karen Rowley said...

Aahh, Jen, thank you so much for posting these words of wisdom :) They are all so precious and so wonderful to remember. the kids will love to read them when they are older won't they? so glad you are coming before too long!

Emily said...

I CANNOT WAIT to read those books...What is the real location of "Witch Town"?..."Dance or Die" has definitely got to have a TON of action..."Not Now, Not Never", but what about "Ever"?..."Just Paris, Just Paris"-pretty much speaks for itself.

I LOVE almost anything that comes out of Tae's mouth ("Guess what..."). You know what? I can never guess.

But, I have to admit that the laugh out loud chuckles came from almost EVERYTHING Tanner said/did. Dang! He is going to make the most adorable robber!

Love you and your kids so much!!!

Ann said...

ha ha! I may have to copy this soon. I let way too many things go without writing them down. :(

Shauna said...

How sweet and funny! Kids are the best :) Thanks for the laugh!

Amber said...

Jen your kids are so adorable! Loved the update.

Lisa said...

I love Maddy's book titles! Classifying dancing as "action" would sure put a different spin on my next trip to the movie theater! "Wait, Battle: Los Angeles is about a dance competition, NOT an alien invasion??"

C'est La Vie said...

these are my absolute favorite posts haha, i love your kids!

Jackie said...

Love all of them- especially Tanners. So funny. Thanks for the laughs today. :-)

Ruth said...

These just make me laugh and laugh! A Chocolate chip human? Tasty! They all sound so fun. Wonderful of you to write these down and share with us.
Aunt Ruth Ann