Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Favorite quotes from this month

These are a few quotes I found this month that really spoke to me:

“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.”
~ Mary Anne Radmacher

I love that because so often we are too hard on ourselves. I can't tell you how often I go to bed just feeling guilt. I need to learn to translate that guilt into hope. Hope that tomorrow I can try again. And gratitude that there is another day where I can try again. How thankful I am for children who forgive me so quickly.


"To pity distress is but human, to relieve it is godlike"

There's not much I can say....but so often I pity, instead of acting to relieve. I must do better at that.

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can"

This sometimes becomes a theme to my life. I focus on the things that I can't do. The things I don't have. The talents I don't possess. The mother I wish I was. If I focus on the things I CAN do, the things I've been abundantly blessed with, the talents I have been given, and the mother that I can be. Gratitude goes so far.

2 comments:

Karen Rowley said...

Very good thoughts Jen.

Emily said...

That last one has become a favorite of mine the past few months. I love all your quotes and insight. I think you are freakin' amazing!