Monday, August 2, 2010

Ramblings...

I'm laying in bed by Taelyn. She likes to put legs in mine, hold my hand and have me scratch her back. :) So she looks at me and says "Sometimes I wished I was you mom" I say, "oh really? And what would you be doing right now if you were me?" "Um, I would get out of bed and get on the computer and look at my pictures and make us some money". I really laughed out loud about that one. I remember last summer when we were at swim lessons and there was a little girl crying for her mommy to come back, (she was not fond of swim lessons) Tae looked at me and said "her mommy had to go take pictures". Now this was very cute, but also a little heartbreaking- in both instances. It's not how I want my kids to remember me. Being on the computer, or leaving all of the time. But for the past 2 years I have been the "bread winner" as Jasper has tried to salvage his business, then build it all over again. It's been such a great blessing that I've been able to actually support our family that way. Now that Jasper's business is back on track I can refocus again. It'll feel good.

Tanner: "I wait to say my prayers until 9:30 at night to say my prayers so that all the kids in the world won't be praying at the same time and Heavenly Father will be able to hear me". :) I told him what a blessing it is that no matter if everyone in the entire world was saying a prayer at the exact same time, He would still hear each one of us. Pretty amazing really.

I have missed blogging. I have just been too crazy to actually sit down and devote time to it. I really want to be better at it. It's an amazing journal to have. Thanks for still stopping by once in a while and saying hi to me even though I have sucked at the blogging thing. :)

6 comments:

Emily said...

Hi.

I love that Tae.

Jana said...

Kids know just what to say to make us laugh, but also to make us feel guilty as sin. Emma's always saying things that just kind of dig in...and she has no idea she does it! Probably it's just me....projecting or whatever they call it.

andrea said...

Well I am definitely anxious to read more of your soon to be posts. :) that little Tae is sure a doll. :)

MoM K said...

Tae is so clever. I'm glad you will have more time to blog. I helps me feel so much more connected. What if I had been able to blog about all you kids?????

MoM K said...

Of course, I barely wrote stuff in my journal so....

Ruth said...

Yes Karen, don't we all wish we had done more note-taking about our kids'lives....