Sunday, February 28, 2010

"I didn't take anything"



I walk into Paiges room the other day to see what she and Tae were up to while we painted Emily's front room. They look a little suspicious, but I didn't actually suspect anything. Until Taelyn and I had this conversation:

Mom: What are you guys doing?
Tae: Nothing. We didn't take anything
Mom: Hmmm, what did you take?
Tae: Nothing. Did you see us?
Mom: Tae, what did you take?
Tae: We didn't take the scissors.
Mom: You took the scissors? Where are they?
Tae: They're not here.
(-backing into the bunk bed and putting her hand on the covers)
Mom: Are they under the covers?
Tae: NO, don't look under here! They're not under here.

So, of course they were under the bed. I couldn't see any damage and they said they didn't cut anything. Thank goodness.

The next day Emily called. She figured out what they did with the scissors. They'd used them to stab the bunk bed ladder over and over and over. Swell. These two almost get into more trouble than Macy and Tanner did. I do have to say, that conversation was pretty great. Emily, I owe you a new ladder. :)

7 comments:

Jana said...

HAHAHA!!! Oh my gosh, that is SO funny! Classic...I love that you got more and more clues with every denial. I can't get over that! "Nothing. Did you see us?" She'll have to work on her lying ability.
And those pictures are BEYOND cute!!

Kimberly Jepson said...

Okay. I L.O.V.E. LOVE those pictures!! I can't even think of a word for them!! But I HAVE to have them!! And that convo is HILARIOUS!! I died! I flippin love your kids. We gotta visit soon!!

Allyson said...

That's so funny! It's great that kids don't know how to lie at that age...wish it would carry on through the rest of their years!

C'est La Vie said...

hahaha I read that conversation over and over again, I need to come over for real!! Are you going to go to Heidi's homecoming this weekend? I'll be there!
These pics remind me of the Fancy Nancy books! SO CUTE

Annette Larsen said...

That is one of the best conversations I've heard in a long time. And I lo-o-ove those pictures.

Emily said...

She better watch out or I'll give her one heck of a spankin'!!!

Ruth said...

Hide those scissors before she comes over next time! Kinda hard to hide the bunk bed ladder....