Monday, June 11, 2012

sister parkin

I was on my way to shoot a wedding in March when I ran into my beautiful mission mom, Bonnie Parkin.  I can honestly say, she is one of my heroes, one of the people who have influenced my life tremendously. I would love to be like her.  She is amazing on so many levels.  On my mission she would meet with each missionary just to chat.  I would often walk in to our meeting, see her and feel safe to cry.  A mission is extremely emotionally draining, at least for me.  There were high's and lows everyday within moments of each other.  And there in the mission field you're not surrounded with girls.  Just one. Your companion.  So if that's not going so hot, you have no one.  Just God. Which makes you reliant upon Him even more.  I'm thankful for that.  Anyway, when I would walk in to meet with her as soon as I would even get teary eyed, she would start to cry with me.  She is such an example of compassion, empathy, and mourning with those who mourn and comforting those that stand in need of comfort.  So naturally, as soon as I saw her at the temple the tears just flowed, like they flowed 14 years ago.  
She is an immaculate speaker, as many of you may know if you ever listened to conference while she was in the Young Womens general presidency, or when she was the General Relief Society President.  When she speaks you know if comes from a place of pure love, love for God, for Christ and you.  My life was changed forever from knowing her.  
Love you Sister Parkin.


No comments: