Thursday, July 26, 2012

boys.

So the other night we went to a Flagstaff Reunion.  Saw lots of old friends/ ward members.  Maddie had become friends years ago with Diana's son and she was so excited to see him.  They of course, hit it off again and hung out all night.  This was the conversation between Madeline, myself and Jaren on the way home.

Maddie: Isn't he SO nice mom!? ....at first when I say him I was like, oh, he's not as cute as I remembered, but then he came up to me and was like, Hi, and then we just hung out and he was so cute again!"
Me: I know! Isn't it neat how someones personality can make someone even cuter and cuter?
Jaren (in his monotone, boy voice): Well, (furrows eyebrows) he didn't really change his looks.
.....
Tanner (from the back seat): He said on a scale of cuteness from 1-10 maddie was a 10.
Maddie: Ya, it's just so nice to have someone tell you how pretty you are.  And he's so smart, he even knows division, and he has a pocket knife, and a pitch fork (what the?!).  I even asked him a division problem and he just knew it.  And he was like Do you know the square root of stuff?  wow mom!
Jaren: This is so annoying.  Why do you have to keep talking about him?
Me: Girls like to talk J.  Especially about boys.
Jaren: Well she just keeps saying the same things over and over.....
Maddie: Jaren, you could learn a lot from Parker. Like how to make a girl feel special.

It was beyond hilarious.

3 comments:

Jana said...

BAAAAAAHHHAHAHAHA!!!! That is the best conversation ever!! Maddie is such a girl and your boys are such typical boys! The end about making a girl feel special is HILARIOUS. And the pitch fork. Dang, that boy is a MAN.

Christine said...

Oh my gosh! I laughed and laughed, especially since I was just around your kids so I could hear it in their voices. Jaren is so funny! And Maddie's going to be a boy magnet just like you Jen. Have fun with that!

Emily said...

I have tears rolling down my cheeks...again! It was hilarious when you first told me and it's even more hilarious reading it again. Too funny!!!